MadBid is a service provided by Marcandi Limited, 1 & 2 Studley Court Mews, Studley Court, Guildford Road, Chobham, Surrey, GU24 8EB.
2. Information We Collect From You
Visitors are those of you who visit www.madbid.com (our “site”) and do not go on to register. Visitors' data is saved on our servers in an anonymous format. We store:
- the website that you visited us from,
- the website that you proceed to from our site, and
- your IP address.
Absolutely no other personal data is stored about you during your visit to the site.
2.2 Registered Users
To participate in MadBid through the site you will create an account and become a “Registered User”. We will collect information about you that you give us by filling in the registration form, this includes
- your name,
- your address,
- your e-mail address,
- your mobile phone number, and
- in certain circumstances (as described in the Terms and Conditions), we may request your identification documents.
- when you register
- when you buy Credits, and
- when you win Auctions.
As a Registered User, all of your auctions on the site are monitored and we will collect information about you, including:
All of your actions on the site are stored, if you would like us to stop collecting this information about you, you will need to close your Account with MadBid.
3. How do we use your data?
We use the information you give us and the information that we collect about you for a range of purposes. This includes:
- to communicate with you (usually by e-mail) regarding any Auctions you win and any Products you buy and to deliver won Auctions and bought Products to you;
- to send you information on any Special Offers our site is currently running and occasionally to enable third parties, authorized by us, to provide technical, logistical or other services related to an Auction that you have won or a Product that you buy;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a Registered User we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or Auction or negotiations of a sale or Auction. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please opt out of marketing in your ‘My MadBid’ section;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to very your identity and to assist law enforcement
4. Card payments
If you pay for Auctions with a payment card, then we do not store this data and it is handled by third party payment service providers only, we do not have any access to payment card data. Your personal information may be passed to the third party payment service providers to process the payment transaction.
5. Cash Auction Wins
If you win an Auction for Cash, and you wish to transfer this cash to your Bank Account, then we store your Bank Account information securely. All data is stored securely on our servers.
6. E-mail and SMS Newsletters
When you regsiter with MadBid, you agree to receive information by e-mail and by SMS. MadBid uses these methods to inform you of new functions, or special promotions. You can opt out of receiving marketing information such as this in your 'My MadBid' section.
7. Disclosure of your Data to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Marcandi Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of Marcandi Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations including law enforcement and regulatory authorities for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. Bidding By SMS
You can use MadBid using a standard mobile phone by texting us with a SMS keyword. By doing this, you consent to us storing your phone number and using this to contact you so that you can be notified in the case of that Product being won.
9. Viewing or Changing The Data We Hold
You can view the information in your MadBid Account at any time and update it as necessary using your MadBid Username and your MadBid Password. The mobile phone number you used to activate your Account can only be changed by contacting Customer Services.
Once we are informed, we will adjust incorrect data accordingly.
We will notify you upon request at any time as to whether and what personal data in respect to your identity or your pseudonym has been stored.
You may request a copy of our Data Protection Policy if you wish to see how MadBid stores and processes data.
11. Security Measures
The information in your MadBid account and in your MadBid profile is password protected, so that only you have access to your personal information. Please note that you are not permitted to provide your password to anyone else and it is your responsibility to keep it secure.
MadBid will never ask for your password in e-mails that you receive unexpectedly or that you did not request. Please remember to log out of your account and to close your Internet Browser when you leave the MadBid site; this is especially important if you use a PC in public locations. At present, this is the safest way to ensure that no one has access to your personal information. We assume no liability for the abuse of login data and passwords used.
12. Protecion from Web Crawlers or Spam
MadBid assures you that we will use your e-mail address only for the above purposes. We have technology that prevents your e-mail address being recorded by 'web crawlers' and 'web spiders'. However, if you believe that your e-mail address has been recorded in this way, please let us know why immediately.
14. How Do I Remove My Data?
You can revoke your consent any time by cancelling your registration and closing your MadBid account.
15. Contact Us